Cockpit is a Linux-based, GENIVI®-aligned platform environment for in-vehicle infotainment (IVI), telematics, and digital clusters. Building products using Cockpit reduces overall development costs, minimizes project risks, and shortens project timelines.
Flexible and Extensible Platform
- Commercially supported Wind River Linux base, providing extensibility over time to support evolving IoT offerings and protocols
- Pre-integrated middleware components for IVI, telematics, and digital cluster systems
- Freedom of choice for underlying hardware or UI tool for application development
- Support for nearly any customer-directed application and user interface
Integrated Connectivity Solutions
- Integrated protocols for enabling communication between critical and non-critical vehicle systems
- Pre-integrated components such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, DLNA, media playback, and phone projection
- Enhanced connectivity for inside and outside the vehicle
- Pre-integrated with Wind River Helix Edge Sync for end-to-end over-the-air (OTA) update capabilities for software and firmware
Secure Embedded and Cloud Development Environment
- Cloud-based toolchain enabling embedded device development on multiple sites worldwide
- Security enablement for embedded and cloud environments
- Comprehensive build systems and development tools
Wind River Helix Cockpit
Get an overview of the features and capabilities delivered by Wind River Helix Cockpit.
CONNECTED VEHICLES JOURNAL
Open Source Accelerates Infotainment Innovation
Learn why auto OEMs need to get serious about open source software.
Creating the Next Generation Automotive Cockpit
Learn how Cockpit addresses the fundamental platform requirements for IVI.
More from Wind River Automotive
Helix Chassis is a software framework for the connected and autonomous car.
Drive offers auto manufacturers and their Tier 1 suppliers an ISO 26262–certifiable software platform for pioneering advanced driver assist systems (ADAS) and autonomous vehicle innovations.
Edge Sync is an intelligent over-the-air (OTA) software, firmware, and data management platform that enables auto manufacturers to maintain the integrity of embedded systems while reducing costs across the lifecycle of the connected vehicle.
Learn more about how Cockpit can help speed your development while ensuring highly secure and rigorously safe components and systems for the next generation of intelligent, connected vehicles.