Chassis provides the foundation for security, comprehensive reference for cloud-based connectivity, and modular flexibility required to integrate systems within intelligent vehicles and connect them to external networks of devices and data.
Chassis comprises Wind River Edge Sync, Wind River Drive, and Wind River Diab Compiler, along with complementary tools and services. All specific components are combined with the market’s most tested certifiable virtualization solution, which allows workloads to be consolidated without worry of cross-system contamination. Together, these products provide a scalable software framework for the connected and autonomous car.
Wind River Edge Sync
Edge Sync enables over-the-air updates and software lifecycle management for connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Eliminates vehicle software recalls and associated warranty costs
- Accelerates the delivery of vehicle updates, upgrades, and critical bug fixes
- Maintains the integrity of embedded systems for the lifetime of the vehicle, both pre- and post-production
- Generates the smallest delta file updates, reducing distribution time and cost, as well as the memory consumed on ECUs
Wind River Cockpit
Cockpit is a safe, secure, automotive-grade consolidation platform for building next-generation in-cabin experiences that seamlessly extend digital life into the connected vehicle.
- Consolidates ECUs to reduce weight and complexity, increase security, and lower system cost
- Provides a reusable, flexible, and scalable software platform for faster time-to-market
- Minimizes hardware dependency and maintains supply chain integrity by abstracting value-added IP
- Enables remote updates for quickly addressing new bugs and security threats
Wind River Drive
Drive offers auto manufacturers and their Tier 1 suppliers an ISO 26262 ASIL D–certifiable software platform for pioneering advanced driver assist systems (ADAS) and autonomous vehicle innovations.
- Enables quick building of highly secure and reliable controls and systems for automotive safety-critical applications
- Safely consolidates applications onto a single hardware platform
- Prevents risks from malicious code through secure boot and other layered security features
- Enables high-performance, functionally safe automotive platforms (drivetrain consolidation, driver assistance, and automation)
Wind River is a proven partner to automotive
manufacturers and their suppliers.
projects a year
More than 300
engineers dedicated to
Complete portfolio of
tools, and services
Expertise to ensure
the highest levels of
security and safety
Wind River Helix Chassis
Learn how Helix Chassis brings together technologies and services to simplify building intelligent, connected vehicles.
Open Standards for Autonomous Cars
Explore the possibilities of a more collaborative approach to open standards and the lessons we can learn from other industries.
Automotive Innovators: It's Time to Own the Software
Explore the pressing need for automakers to adopt more complete and detailed software ownership strategies and capabilities.
Wind River Helix Chassis, IoT, and the Connected Car
Learn how Chassis helps automakers make the most of their opportunities in the era of the Internet of Things.
"Working with Wind River, we were able to shorten development time by more than 50%." Markus Kirschner, Leader of Hardware Development Team, Bosch Motorsport
"I know I can trust Wind River. The team members always go the extra mile to help us meet our project goals." T.K. Tan, Managing Director, Clarion Malaysia
Learn more about how Chassis can help speed your development while ensuring highly secure and rigorously safe components and systems for the next generation of intelligent, connected, and autonomous vehicles.